*Seeking Reggio and Montessori teachers for casual and full-time work for our preschool/kindergarten program (ages three to five).
- At least two years experience working with preschool children
- Alberta Childcare Certification
- Current first aid certificate (may be obtained upon hire)
- Criminal record /vulnerable sector check, within past 6 months (may be obtained upon hire)
Job Type: Substitute, Part-time, Full-time
- Calgary, AB
- At least two years experience working with preschool or Kindergarten children
Essential duties and responsibilities for all of our teachers include the following but are not limited to:
- Have a thorough understanding of the current Alberta Children and Youth Services Child Care Licensing Act and Child Care Licensing Regulations and periodically review the program plans and operational procedures to ensure that regulatory standards are met and exceeded.
- Complete observations though photo evidence, and written documentation.
- Complete report cards three times a year.
- Communicate with administration and parents/guardians.
- Develop play areas that are compatible with one another that also address the needs of all the children and their overall development.
- Facilitate social development through supporting conflict resolution, empathy, active listening, applying natural or logical consequences, problem-solving skills and coping skills to support children through change.
- Have a positive attitude towards individuality and differences.
- Create an emotional bond with the child based on social and emotional needs.
- Promote environmentally-friendly activities (e.g. recycling, composting) and healthy lifestyle choices (e.g. modeling good hygiene habits, physical exercise, healthy eating habits, mental health and relaxation techniques).
- Ensure the health and safety of children through implementation of cleaning schedules, hand washing, knowledge of communicable diseases, playground and safety checks, use of developmentally appropriate equipment and maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Respond to recommendations from parents, staff and other interested persons on program development and operation.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and contribute to discussions, co-operate planning and resource sharing.
- Mentor colleagues in the Montessori method by providing positive, constructive feedback, engaging in active listening, role modeling positive behaviours, demonstrating leadership and providing assistance when required and acting as a resource.
- Follow policies and procedures on administration of medication.
- Show professionalism by being on time, dressing appropriately and modeling positive behaviours.
- Maintain education and Profession Development by: attending workshops, lectures, seminars, conferences and joining committees.